Using the Calendar
Using the calendar - different views
1. Change of View. Choose a view by tapping the tabs at the top. You can see events in your different calendars each designated by a different colour. Year view, for example, is great if you want to see what free weeks are available. Thi is month view
Add an event
1. Either tap and hold where you want to add the event OR tap and drag to where you want to add the event Or tap the + on the bottom right.
The keyboard will come up as soon as a new event is indicated.
Completing the Event details
Note the arrows for each choice. Tapping the arrow will provide the options for each choice.
1. Enter the event title and location.
2. Enter the start and end times of the event.
3. Repeat. Is this just a one time event or will it be recurring? Eg, weekly, daily, every month, every year. For example, enter a birthday and set Repeat to Every Year.
4. Invitees. Allows you to email people in your contacts app or just enter an email address to invite them to the event or inform them of the event.
5. Alert. do you want to be reminded about the event? you can choose: none; on day of event (9am), 1 day before, 2 days before and 1 week before. You also set the sound of the alerts in Settings, Sounds.
6. What calendar is the event to be stored in? You can have multiple calendars each colour coded; you can choose to view all your calendars at once or just a specific calendar.
7. Availability. Busy or free.
Drag to create events
In most views, you can simply drag to create events. So, for a meeting from 2 - 5pm, you can create this in the Day view by dragging from the 2pm slot.
Editing an event
Tap the event and then the edit Button.
1. Tap the Calendars button. You can show all the Calendars or
2. Hide all the Calendars. In this image, all the Calendars are visible.
Note how each calendar is colour coded. This makes it easier to distinguish between events when all the Calendars are displayed.
3. These calendars are synchronised with iCloud. Any changes made to any of the calendars will therefore be synchronised with any device that is also using Calendars in iCloud.
Customise your alerts
From Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, you can change default settings for the Calendar. For example, set alerts for Birthday to 1 week before the event; set your default calendar - if you have multiple calendars.
change the sound of your calendar alert
From Settings, Sounds, Calendar Alerts - you can change the sound for a calendar event alert.
Sharing your Calendars
Select who you want to share the calendar with. Tap: Add person and add an email address. This will be privately shared.
To publicly share your calendar with selected people, turn ON - Public calendar. Tap: Share Link and you can either select Mail, Message or Copy the link.
Add a Calendar
Tap the Edit button (top right) and then Add Calendar.
Ideas for additional calendars: one for birthdays and special events; one for the public holidays; one for school holidays.
Adding a calendar 2
Give the Calendar a name and select a colour. Click Done.
Deleting a calendar
Select the calendar. Then tap: Delete Calendar.
Manage your calendars using iCloud
You can manage all your calendars from icloud.com. However, whatever device you use to add / edit an event, that new information will be synchronised across all devices using the calendar.
Synchronising your calendar with iTunes
If you don't want to use iCloud to synchronise your calendars, you can use iTunes. In the Info tab, select: Sync Calendars.
Don't do this if you want iCloud to do the synchronisation, otherwise you will get duplicates.