Podcasts are shows, similar to radio or TV shows, that are posted to the Internet for downloading and listening or viewing.
Download the Podcast app
From the App store on your iPad, search for the app Podcasts and download it. It is a free app.
The Podcasts app will sort all your podcasts in your library and also provides an avenue to the iTunes store to search for and subscribe to podcasts.
Search for a podcast
What kind of podcast are you after? Audio, video? What subject area?
1. Featured podcasts. You can change what podcasts are featured by selecting one of the Categories (No.5) at the top.
2. Top Charts. The top audio and video podcasts.
3. Top Audio podcasts
4. Top Video podcasts.
5. Select a more specific Category.
Subscribe to a Podcast
When you find a podcast you want to subscribe to, tap the subscribe button.
1. A description of the podcast. Tap the More button for a more detailed description of the show.
2. The episode: its title, duration, date of broadcast.
3. Tap to download the podcast to your iPad.
If you just want to view individual episodes, you can download them without subscribing. Subscribing, however, allows you to setup automatic downloading of episodes.
Settings for Subscriptions
1. The current episode. Tap to download it.
2. To delete a podcast episode from your iPad. Tap Edit. Select the episode and then click, Done.
3. Add old episodes. If you want to download all available episodes of this podcast.
4. To have each new episode automatically downloaded, turn Auto-Downloads: ON
Viewing your podcasts in your library
1. You can change the view of your library from a grid to a list.
2. Tap Edit to delete a podcast show from your iPad.
View the podcast in the Podcasts app.
There are some settings you can tweak in Settings, Podcasts.