You need to be on a wireless network to transfer your media and you can always setup an ad hoc wireless network if you're using a MAC.
This app has now been updated to include downloads / uploads of photos and videos to the Cloud services: Dropbox, Google Drive and Flickr. For example, you have a Google Drive account and a Google Drive app on your iPad to access it. You can take photos / videos on your iPad and upload them to Google Drive as a backup using Photo Transfer. On the other hand, you may have photos in your Google Drive app that you want to send to your iPad. No iTunes sync required!
- Transfer photos / videos to and from iPad to Apple computer
- Transfer photos / videos to and from iPad to Google Drive
Tutorial: Photo Transfer app - iPad to Google Drive
Using Photo Transfer with Google Drive.
Phototransfer - Connect to your wireless Network
You can only use PhotoTransfer if both the source and destination are on the same wireless network. The exceptions are if you have an iPad / smartphone with a 3G/4G connection. So, for example if you want to transfer photos from yopur iPad to a computer (Windows or MAC) without a wireless connection, you'll get an error message.
Upload Photos from the iPad to Google Drive
Download the plugin
Tap: Get this Plugin. It will cost you .99 cents - from the Appstore. You only need to do this once. You will also need to purchase the plugins for Dropbox and Flickr if you want to use these services for your photos. Tap: Get All Plugins if you want them all.
Tap: Buy Enter your Apple password (if requested).
Login to your Google Drive account
Tap the Login button to login to your Google Drive account. If you don't have one, stop this tutorial and go sign up. http://drive.google.com
Tap: Accept. If you don't, you won't be able to use the Google Drive to transfer your photos.
Upload photos from your iPad to Google Drive
Tap: Select and Upload.
Select the photos you want to upload
Select photos / videos from any album or the Camera roll on your iPad. Tap to select photos. Tap Upload
Select the destination in your Google Drive
1. Before the upload occurs, you can select any existing folders you have in your google Drive. Tap the folder to select it. A long press will open an existing folder. Useful if you have subfolders.
2. If you want to save them in a new folder, tap the + button to create a new Album.
3. Select the resolution.
Tap the Upload button when ready to transfer.
Photos are Uploaded to Google Drive
Google Drive - Did the process work?
Open the Google Drive app on your iPad to locate your uploaded photos. You can also see your photos on Google Drive on a computer browser: drive.google.com
Download photos from Google Drive to the iPad
Select: Receive Photos and Videos. Tap: Google Drive.
Select and download the photos
Tap: Select and Download.
Select the Photos
Tap a folder and then select the photos to download. Tap the Download button when ready to transfer.
Select the destination on your iPad
Select where you want the photos to be transferred to on your iPad. Here are the options:
1. An existing Album or the Camera roll where the photos will be saved. You can also select an App that you want to open the photo in. eg open the photo in Adobe Reader and annotate it.
2. Tap the + button to create a new album.
3. Select the quality of the photos to be downloaded: Medium or High.
4. Tap Download when ready to proceed.
You can view your photos in the Photos App.