Sync Google Calendar to your iPad
If you're using an Android device then your Contacts, Calendar and mail will likely be with Google - GMAIL, Google Calendar and Google Contacts. However, Apple's iPad Calendar app does not talk to Google's apps. However, there is a way to use your Google Calendar information on your iPad and keep that information synchronised.
Sync your Google Calendar
If you use Google Contacts, you can still use them on your iPad. This involves turning on a simple setting in the mail settings. Each time you change or add a Contact, the information will be synchronised between your iPad and your Google Contacts.
- Open the Settings application on your iPad's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account...
- Select Gmail.
- Enter your account information:
- In the Name field, enter your name as you'd like it to appear to others.
- In the Email field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
- If you are a 2-step verification user, please use an application-specific password instead of your regular password in this field.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the calendar (e.g. "Personal Calendar").
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure the Calendars option is turned on.
After you've completed setup, open the Calendar app on your device. Syncing will automatically begin.
Setting your Default Calendar
If you have multiple calendars, select the Google calendar you want to use for syncing.
Open the iPad Calendar App
Tap the Calendars button at the bottom middle of the screen to show your available calendar accounts. Tap your Gmail calendar to show or hide it. Tap Done.
By default, only your primary calendar will be synced with your device. If you have additional calendars you’d like to sync, follow the instructions below.
Sync multiple calendars
Visit the following page from your device's mobile browser: https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
- Select the calendars you'd like to sync, then click Save.
- The selected calendars will be displayed on your device at the time of the next sync.