There is a new operating system for your iPad or iPhone. It is a major change from what you are used to. "What we have now is an operating system that feels slightly familiar, but is basically a completely new experience".
Should you upgrade?
Ultimately, yes you should upgrade but not before you have familiarised yourself with what the changes are and, more importantly, how to prepare for the upgrade - by backing up your device and reviewing how to upgrade. See the two articles below. If this is not enough, Google iOS 7 review or look in Youtube for videos that provide a walkthrough of the main new features.
- Article from The Telegraph: How to install the software for iPhone and iPad
- iOS 7 Walkthrough. This will give you an idea of the scope of the changes.
Reasons not to upgrade
None - unless you have a model which is not compatible. See here for compatible devices. ( Identifying your iPad model). Apps will be updated to reflect the new operating system and eventually may not work effectively if you stay with iOS 6. With technology, things keep changing. Don't be afraid to change with them. Take your time, read up what this "iOS 7 thing" is all about, but take the plunge and upgrade.
I have started making changes to pages on my website and these will be summarised on the home page .... here. Look out also for new posts and videos on specific aspects of iOS 7. Subscribe by email to my website.
- Video: Improve the legibility of fonts, icons and labels. Some tips on making it easier to read text.
- Post: What's new in the Mail app in iOS 7. There are some very useful changes to the way Mail works. Video also coming shortly.
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel. New videos on iOS 7 are added frequently.