Control & Adjust video Playback on the iPad
Accurately scrub or scroll audio and video
It’s seriously frustrating when you're trying to find that specific place in a video or podcast, as the scrubbing control is so coarse. However, Apple added variable scrubbing speed control. When you tap on the playhead marker, which indicates how far through the track or video you are, drag your finger towards the bottom of the screen. The further away from the playhead, the finer control you get when you then move your finger left or right.
There are 4 scrubbing rates: High speed scrubbing, half-speed, quarter-speed and fine scrubbing.
Here's a list showing how to control certain functions of the iPad video.
- Pause a video: Tap pause or press the center button
- Resume playback: Tap pause or press the center button (or equivalent button) on a compatible headset
- Raise or lower the volume: Drag the volume slider or use the volume buttons on a compatible headset
- Start a video over: Drag the playhead on the scrubber bar all the way to the left, or tap the reverse icon if the video doesn’t contain chapters
- Skip to the next chapter: Tap the forward icon or press the center button (or equivalent button) on a compatible headset twice quickly
- Go to the previous chapter: Tap the reverse icon or press the center button (or equivalent button) on a compatible headset three times quickly
- Start playing at a specific chapter: Tap the menu icon, then choose a chapter from the list
- Rewind or fast-forward: Touch and hold the reverse icon or the forward icon
- Skip to any point in a video: Drag the playhead along the scrubber bar. Slide your finger down to adjust the scrub rate from fast to slow
- Stop watching a video before it finishes playing: Tap Done, or press the Home button