Get back deleted apps and media for your iPad
If you delete an app, either accidentally or because you don‘t think you will use it, you can always get it back. Apps and other media can be reinstalled in two ways:
- Using iTunes. Connect your iPad to your computer and use iTunes.
- Use the App Store or iTunes Store on the iPad to locate purchased media and reinstall it.
Re-install purchased media on your iPad
If you have purchased any music, TV shows or Movies from the iTunes store, viewed or played it and then deleted it, you can download them again from the iTunes store.
1. On your iPad, from the iTunes app, tap the Purchased button.
2. You can select from purchased items in Music, Movies or TV Shows, or Select All
3. Select the show you want to download. In this example, it is the TV show: Mrs Brown's Boys.
4. The download cloud indicates it is stored on iTunes servers under your account name. Tap to Download. You can then view the show in the Videos app.
Re-install a purchased app that has been deleted from your iPad
From the App Store app, you can see all apps you have purchased on your account.
1. An app that has a download cloud is not installed on your iPad but can still be downloaded again by tapping the cloud.
2. An app that says "Open" is already installed on your iPad and can be opened from this screen or you can locate the actual app on the iPad and open it from there.
Using iTunes. First, check the settings in iTunes
If you sync your iPad to iTunes on your computer, you can download and remove apps from there. iTunes 11 comes with the sidebar turned off.
To turn it on, go to the View menu and select: Show Sidebar. Now you will be able to see your connected iPad as one of the devices.
Download and manage your apps using iTunes 11
1. Connect your iPad to itunes with the USB cable and click on the device name.
2. Select the Apps tab.
3. Any app that says "Remove" is installed on your computer. Any app that says: "Install" is not installed on your computer but yopu have already purchased it and can re-install it if you want to.
To re-install an app, click on "Install" and sync the iPad.
Managing your Apps using iTunes 11
1. To delete apps that take up alot of space, first sort your apps by Size. Tap: Remove to delete an app. It will be completely removed the next time you sync with iTunes on the computer - but will still appear in your list with"Install".